Thursday, December 1, 2011

Foot Series: Jhaki Bander ruins, Arabian Sea, Pakistan

Date: 23rd December, 2007.

This is one of the better shots. It is self evident, I think. You know immediately how it is to walk among these ruins. As a photographer in love with this beautiful place I wanted to share an image of myself, in the condition we are were in, along with the landscape of the place. The weather, as I may note, was overcast and beautiful. The red floor is actually a bed of broken fort tiles. This must have been an ancient fort, probably dating after 800 AD. But this place is incredible and more astonishing is the fact that even many historians of Pakistan are not aware of this site.

p.s Are you wondering where are my shoes or sandals? Well, they were in my hands because it was simply impossible to go around in shoes. They got dirty and they stuck in this sticky mud. Never mind the sharp edges of these long-shredded bricks!

No comments: