Thursday, June 3, 2010

Baluchistan Diary - Day 2 / Liaqat Bazaar


Liaqat Bazaar, Quetta
Originally uploaded by Ameer Hamza
Dr. Bano Road is part of Liaqat Bazaar, Quetta. It has lots of small gallis and bazaars and sellers from all over Central Asian region. We have Pashtuns from across the border, and we have Tajiks and Uzbeks. And Hazaras as well. And we have lots of cheap dry fruits coming in from Afghanistan.

Here at Liaqat Bazaar, I bought kala kishmesh for Rs.100 / 0.5 Kg; Green kiahmesh for Rs.160 / 1.0 Kg. I plan to buy Pakistani badaam INSHALLAH. I also intend to buy Khobani and other things as well when I am done with Chaman (3rd June, 2010), Sibi & Mehergarh (4th and 5th June, 2010) and Ziarat (6th June, 2010).

Till then, I will try and consume this wonderful kishmesh from Afghanistan. INSHALLAH.

This expedition is funded by www.pakgateway.com. [This website will go online by the end of this month].

No comments: