Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Baluchistan Diary - Day 5 / Dopasi, Baluchistan


Dopasi, Baluchistan
Originally uploaded by Ameer Hamza
We found this structure standing alone, half of it washed away by flash floods. This Tomb is of a Saint and there are similar tombs nearby as well. I am not sure about the history of this tomb nor can I say with surety who lies burried here. This place is reached via Dhatar (28 KM from Sibi town) on a left turn when you are travelling from Sibi to Quetta.

This expedition is funded by www.pakgateway.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this tomb belongs to bibi peroz khatoon there was another tomb near this taht was bibi saran's tomb but shaheed cuz of flood. but placed the body to another place near this tomb. i am very thankful to you for visiting there.

Ameer Hamza said...

Thank you sir for this information. I have updated my flickr.com title for this photograph. I would really appreciate if you provide me with some information on the lives of these Saints and the other Sufis / Saints burried at this place.

Regards
Ameer Hamza