Sunday, June 20, 2010

On Expedition : Ameer Hamza in Baluchistan


Ameer Hamza and Reading
Originally uploaded by eDanial
My friend and expedition partner, Danial Shah, who actually arranged this most wonderful, eye-popping, mind-blowing expedition into the heartland of this country, took this frame while we were travelling from Point A to Point B. Wherever we were going (and in this case, we were heading towards Koh-e-Taftan, Iran border) I was reading this very absorbing book penned by English traveller and historian, William Dalrymple. The book's name is, 'The Last Mughal'. It is a singularly absorbing book just like the province itself. He was kind enough to lend me his very cool book reading light, which I duly attached with my book.

I thank Mr. Zeeshan, Director of www.pakgateway.com, for giving us this great opportunity and freedom to capture Baluchistan as never before. We hope our work is agreeable to him and to his good colleagues. We also sincerely hope that in future we will be able to contribute more to this National Project. INSHALLAH.

No comments: