Sunday, November 13, 2011

Places in Pakistan: Chitral Shahi Masjid

Here I am. This is me. Oh, Chitral, how much I wanted to see you in your full glory. I was so tired and so happy to have reached here and so happy too to have such a brilliant sunlight. Readers, my friends, you must note that I always wanted to visit this masjid in my life. The failure of our trekking expedition to Karombar lake made this dream possible. Otherwise, it wasn't in our plan. But ALLAH plans what we cannot.

As a traveller in Pakistan, you must visit all the main towns of Northern Pakistan. And you MUST visit Chitral for its good-humoured people and its historical sites and the shahi bazaar, just outside this masjid. Here is some detail about the place from Wikipedia:

'Chitral or Chetrar (Urdu: چترال), translated as field in the native language Khowar, is the capital of the Chitral District, situated on the western bank of the Kunar River (also called Chitral River), in Pakistan. The town is at the foot of Tirich Mir, the highest peak of the Hindu Kush, 25,289 ft (7,708 m) high. It has a population of 20,000, while the district (of 14,833 km² or 5,727 sq mi), has a population of 300,000. The altitude of the valley is 3,700 ft (1,100 m).'

1 comment:

Susanna said...

So happy you were able to accomplish your visit to the Chitral masjid.