Friday, November 11, 2011

Places in Pakistan: School children, Phander

Date: 22nd Sep, 2011.

Here I was on the bridge, previously blogged about, standing among good, cheerful school children. They were returning from their school, talking, discussing their 'miss', and what not. I think some of them were also discussing the match they had won. I imagine watching the match but off course I was wandering their village streets. I requested the boy on the extreme right of the frame to line his fellow students for my frame. Initially they were a bit hesitant. But then they agreed. I think they looked good while standing on the landmark bridge of their village. Someone even asked me whether I would be sending in the photograph at their address. I am not sure if I answered that properly - or even, correctly. But they were glad that someone had come looking for them, as it were. I was happy to have shot such cheerful students.

Good day to all of you!

2 comments:

Susanna said...

I'm sure the kids were excited that you wanted to photograph them. Does Phander have a lot of visitors?

Ameer Hamza said...

Susanna, thank you for your interest. Yes, indeed, Phander and the Gilgit-Baltistan province sees a lot of foreign and local travellers. This lake is a favourite with travellers along with the famed Shandur mela, where highest polo is played in the World. More of it later.